Getting to your Hire Boat - Flights, Ferries and Transfers
Getting to your Boat
Most of the hire boat marinas in Burgundy are in rural areas and difficult to reach by public transport. We're currently working on detailed information for all of the cruiser hire bases in Burgundy and will be adding more information as we add cruiser companies. It's usually worthwhile to hire a small car and leave it at the base for smaller crews.
- Private Transfer: Private buses and taxis are available to get to most or the marinas on the river. These are more expensive than the shared transfer but can work out less costly per person for large groups. Costs for taxis vary on the route and the number of persons and can range between €250 to €400 for a single trip (airport-marina OR marina-airport). There's more information on how to get to the bases in our customer area.
- Public Transport: Because of the rural locations of most of the cruiser hire bases they can be difficult to reach by public transport. There are some suggestions below that may help you to get to your destination.
- St. John de Losne is served by train from Dole, Dijon, Paris and Lyon, there's information on trains at trainline.eu. The station is about 2km from the Le Boat base and a taxi will cost €9 - €14. There's also a train from London that takes just under 6 hours.
- Branges doesn't have a train station but there's a station in Louhans 4km away and a taxi will cost €10-€12. There's information on trains to Louhans Here
- Fontenay-le-Cháteau: The closest trains stations are at Épinal or Vesoul and a taxi will cost between €80 and €106.
- Dole is served by train from Lyon, about 3 hours or from Paris at about 2 hours. There's information on the trains at trainline.eu.
- Port sur Saône:The closest train station is at Vesoul, there are trains from Lyon at about 4 hours with one or two connections and from Paris averaging about 4 hours.
- Scey sur Saône:The closest train station is at Vesoul, there are trains from Lyon at about 4 hours with one or two connections and from Paris averaging about 4 hours.
- Saint Léger sur Dheune is served by train from Lyon at 2-3 hours and Paris at 2.5-4 hours.
- Mâcon: There's a train station in Mâcon, you can take a train from Paris at about 3-4 hours or from Lyon at 30-60 minutes.
- Car Hire: Sometimes it works out less expensive to hire a car and leave it at the marina for the duration of your cruise, especially for short breaks. Information can be found at trainline.eu